- This event has passed.
FVA Justice and Witness Committee offers Lenten Justice Workshop
March 4, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Fox Valley Association Justice and Witness Committee is offering a workshop to held at Congregational UCC in Algonquin on Sunday, March 4, 2018 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. The date may seem a long ways off, but it will be here fast! We are asking people to provide simple snacks and beverages. We will also be collecting items for a disaster relief bucket.
Six workshops with valuable updates on current issues, strategies and activities to engage you & your congregation in these critical justice issues
- Good Neighbor Partnership -Refugee resettlement process –
- Environmental Justice – Discerning God’s call in response to the Climate Crisis
- Transgender Experience – unique issues and battles for trans identity
- Racial Inequality – Update from Community Renewal Society
- Gun Violence –7 Last Words of the Unarmed Men video & discussion
- Church & State – What can be preached, what can churches do
Three concurrent forums on issues, followed by a refreshment break and then a second set of three forums. We recommend three people from each church attend to get the most out of this workshop.
Child care is provided if you pre-register before March 2.
To learn more about this workshop, or schedule childcare contact Sinclair Gallagher at (734) 676-8539 or e-mail at email@example.com or respond on the Fox Valley Association Facebook Event page.
Registration information will be available soon.